Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
in the news
create a website
video game design
The overall goal of these resources is to encourage young people to explore technology tools and the CS concepts that they are built upon. While Apple and others may wax poetic about the magical properties of their latest devices, all these technological innovations are possible because there were computer scientists who planned, designed, programmed and tested them. Through these curriculum resources, students can spend some time looking "under the hood" of technology, so they will understand that they too have the power to make technology work in creative, innovative and world changing ways.
Spark imagination & creativity with these short-term activities
- bringing CS concepts to life with MaKey MaKey & Scratch
- get web literate through hands-on learning with the building blocks of the web. Mozilla's X-ray Goggles & Thimble provide the tools you'll use as you create your first web pages.
Intro to Scratch
- Scratch is a game design platform created by MIT that is super fun. It uses a drag and drop block-based programming interface that you use to program sprites for gameplay and animation.
Intro to Wearable Tech
- Sewing with conductive thread, you'll make a circuit and create a battery-powered LED electronic bracelet.
Intro to NetLogo
NetLogo is a great programming language to introduce to young students to the importance of syntax while still tapping into their creative desire to create shapes for the objects and the output on screen.
Explore a specific aspect of technology more deeply through these longer-term activities
Create a Website
- these days, tools exist so that anybody can build a website, but that doesn't mean anyone will want to visit it. This wiki includes lesson plans, video tutorials, resources, standards & rubrics to get you hands-on experience with the underlying code it takes to develop a website (HTML & CSS) as well as website design considerations.
- get hands-on experience creating your own hardware and software through a variety of technology tools, so you can understand how human-computer interaction works today today and you can envision and create the human-computer interactions you want to see in the future.
collection of maker projects created by Tech-Girls, St. Catherine’s & St. Anne’s-Belfield school students and Girls’ Geek Day girls. Find all the setup instructions plus materials you'll need to get started.
- provides an opportunity to expand students thinking about social justice and to give them an avenue through technology to raise awareness for issues that they care about. This curriculum was highlighted in the I
STE Passion-based Learning Lesson Plan Contest
Video Game Design
games have been an integral part of human culture throughout history. They not only entertain, but also inform and change us. Today video games designers bring together art & code to immerse their players in a story. This wiki includes lesson plans, video tutorials, resources, standards & rubrics to get you hands-on experiences creating video games.
This curriculum was highlighted in the
ISTE Passion-based Learning Lesson Plan Contest
- list of curriculum resources I've created & curated plus v
ideos and role models you can share to inspire. You can also suggest resources to include.
Student-created Tutorial Challenge
inspired by the
Global Education Conference
, TechKim is
to create science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) tutorials. Content will be curated at
TechKim Tutorials YouTube Channel
I've curated these playlists of resources from around the web to introduce many cool technology concepts.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"